Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Veggie Tale.

So today I split half of a CSA share with a relative. Look at it! I just had to take a picture to show you how wonderful it looked together just by itself. I've got everything...cabbage, carrots, potatoes, garlic, onions, scapes (its an onion/garlic) something that this farm did by accident and then my favorite; acorn squash.


And then, there is this...

It is intimidating me just a little. The person who brought the food to me said that you pull the leaves off and sautee them in butter and garlic, but didn't say or know what it was called.

Any ideas? Do you know what this is?

3 comments:

  1. oh I get way too excited for CSA! That last one looks interesting! Can't wait to see how it turn outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's intimidating, that's what it is! I'm pretty sure the Addamms family called. They want Cousin Itt back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Cousin Itt! I can see the resemblance.

    ReplyDelete

"All four seasons in one day"....

Look here for ideas with fun, fresh fall food. (Say that 10 times fast!) Bring your ideas to the table when you comment! And lastly....Love the season you're in :)